Embedded systems have significantly increased in number, technical complexity, and sophistication toward open, interconnected, networked systems (such as "the connected car"). This has brought a “cyber-physical” dimension with it, exacerbating the problem of ensuring safety, security, availability, robustness and reliability in the presence of human, environmental and technological risks. The rise of complex Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) has led the need to promote reuse and automation of labor-intensive activities.
|AMASS will develop an integrated and holistic approach and supporting tools for assurance and certification of CPS by creating and consolidating the first European-wide open certification platform, ecosystem and community spanning the largest CPS vertical markets. The approach will be driven by architectural decisions, including multiple assurance concerns such as safety, security, availability, robustness and reliability. The main goal is to reduce time, costs and risks for assurance and (re)certification by adopting an evolutionary compositional certification and cross-domain reuse approach.|
The results will ultimately allow AMASS to demonstrate:
- A potential gain for design efficiency of complex CPS by reducing their assurance and certification/qualification effort by 50%;
- A potential reuse of assurance results (qualified or certified before), leading to 40% of cost reductions for component/product (re)certification/qualification activities;
- A potential raise of technology innovation led by 35% reduction of assurance and certification risks of new CPS products, and;
- A potential sustainable impact in CPS industry by increasing the harmonization and interoperability of assurance and certification/qualification tool technologies by 60%.
A number of industrial Case Studies (CS) will benchmark the AMASS project:
- CS1: Industrial Automation domain : Industrial and Automation Control Systems (IACS)
- CS2: Automotive domain: Advanced driver assistance function with electric vehicle sub-system.
- CS3: Automotive domain: Collaborative automated fleet of vehicles.
- CS4: Space domain: Design and safety assessment of on-board software applications in Space Systems.
- CS5: Railway domain: Platform Screen Doors Controller
- CS6: Automotive domain: Connected Hybrid Powertrain
- CS7: Avionics domain: Safety assessment of multi-modal interactions in cockpits
- CS8: Automotive domain: Telematics function
- CS9: Air Traffic Management domain: Safety-Critical SW Lifecycle of a Monitoring Syst. for NavAid
- CS10: Space domain: Certification basis to boost the usage of MPSoC architectures in the Space Market
- CS11: Space domain: Design and efficiency assessment of model based Attitude and Orbit Control software development